Wednesday 6 January 2016

Top Five Wednesday | Favourite Fandoms (Books, TV, Movies, etc)




New Year, new Top Five Wednesday's! I've been looking forward to doing this again. Just in case anyone is new to this, Top Five Wednesday was created by Lainey (Gingerreadslainey on YouTube), so that people can share more of their favourite (or sometimes least favourite) books in an interesting way. She creates weekly topics for each month so Bloggers and YouTubers alike to discuss books. The group which lists the monthly topics can be found here! And if you want to see more of my previous Top Five Wednesday Blog posts, you can click here!


This weeks Top Five Wednesday is Top Five Favourite Fandoms, whether that's in Books, TV, or Movies. I have a lot that I love for this but I've managed to narrow it down to the five below.

1) Buffy the Vampire Slayer


I thought I'd start with one of my absolute favourite TV Shows: Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I love everything about this TV Show - including the cheesiness of Season One. But, beyond that, I love the fandom around Buffy. I feel like every fan feels the same about this show and there's always so much to talk about; it will never become old.

2) Harry Potter



I'm sure this will be one on most people's lists. The fandom of Harry Potter is absolutely everywhere and there are literally hundreds of thousands of people involved. I only have to be on tumblr for a few minutes before I see something Harry Potter fan-related. I think my favourite thing about this fandom is how many new things people are still finding about the series that shocks us all, or things that we didn't realise in the first ten read-throughs. Every time I see something like that it just makes me want to re-read the series all over again.

3) Game of Thrones



For this I am including both the book series and the TV Show because I love them both and, since the last season, they are now quite different from one another. The thing that makes this fandom/community so interesting is the theories people have of the future books and episodes. I used to have this with Harry Potter back in the early 2000s, but this has become my new fandom for interesting theories. Just got to keep our fingers crossed that we do get another book!

4) Lord of the Rings


Ahhh Lord of the Rings. I think this is my favourite fantasy series ever written - and  like a lot of fantasy. These books are amazing and it's probably one of the only set of films I've felt have lived up to the books. There are so many passionate people in the fandom of Lord of the Rings and I love that.

5) Doctor Who



Of course, I couldn't do this list without mentioning Doctor Who. I've been watching this since it restarted in 2005 and I love it and it's fandom, so much. This is another one where fans are constantly coming up with theories because of clues hidden in episodes. I think one of my favourites was the River Song storyline or the new 9th Doctor. Lots of mind-blowing episodes and the most recent Christmas special was so just so lovely. It never stops being good.

Those are my Top Five Fandoms! I love the community/memes/fan art of all of these as much as I love the shows/books/films themselves. Let me know what you think! What are your favourite fandoms? Any of these that you hate instead?

Looking forward to next week's Top Five topic. Until then though...


2 comments:

  1. Agree with Doctor Who and Harry Potter. Still need to get into Game of Thrones but hopefully this year.
    If you are interested my T5W post is here: http://powisamy.blogspot.co.uk/2016/01/top-5-wednesday-fandoms.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend Game of Thrones :) Thanks for the link, I'll check it out now!

      Delete